We’ve been in business for four generations and more than 70 years. Our family company was started in 1946 by Leland “Big Jim” Murray. Early on the company specialized in earth work and blasting services (one of only two companies doing so in Maine). The company built a reputation for hard work and honesty.
In 1969, after the death of “Big Jim”, his son, Leland “Jim” Murray Jr., took over the company. He expanded the company‘s services to include septic systems, water and sewer lines, pyrotechnics and the quarrying of blue stone. Blasting remained a specialty of the company.
In 1997, Jim passed the reins of the company to his son, Leland “Skip” Murray III. During Skip’s’ ownership, the company continued to expand into new areas, including select demolition services, hoe ramming, septic installation, DEP-certified erosion control installation and the crushing of gravel and stone in the Bluestone Quarry.
Nathan Murray is stepping up as the 4th generation owner. He continues to specialize in the production of all aggregate materials, expanding that portion of the business to new levels.